- We are a high-rise building, but with a unique footprint that offers spectacular views of downtown Milwaukee (to the East) and the Menomonee River Valley (to the West).
- The Southern leg of the building rises 12 floors while the Northern leg tops out at 9 floors, anchored by our amazing “Bridge Units”.
- We have a full-time front desk concierge service on first and second shifts, seven days a week.
- Our front desk personnel securely checks in all of your packages (they are delivered right to the front desk) and will notify you by phone each evening if you have a delivery.
- 17 high-resolution cameras are monitored at the front desk and use motion-sensing technology to record all movement.
- Our “Door King” system at the front door vestibule allows for visitors to gain access from your cell phone during late hours.
- Our fob-security system controls access to all common areas and records each fob-strike in the database for tracking purposes.
- We rigorously enforce a “close-the-garage-door” rule and prohibit cars following other residents into the parking garage.
- We have four amenity rooms on the 6th floor of our building. Check out the web page to see pictures of our Board Room, Fitness Center, Theater Room and Social Networking (party) Room.
- There are 17 boat slips in front of the building. They are all owned by POR residents. In addition, there is a small public dock and a place to launch your kayak. Our “front sidewalk” is part of the Milwaukee Riverwalk.
- Our heated garage is five floors and includes a well-lit car-washing station with an air station to fill your tires.
- Speaking of the garage, we have provisions for you to have your own electricity at your garage parking stall. Both 110v and 220v (for electric cars) is available.
- We are pet-friendly, with a limit of three total pets (but a limit of only two dogs).
- We have ultra-high-speed internet access available through Ethoplox for those who require the fastest connection possible.
- Our residents have formed our own Facebook Discussion Group (only for residents) to exchange information and help each other out.
- We are officially part of the old Fifth Ward (now known as Walker’s Point), and are a block away from The Historic Third Ward. These two districts combined put you in vibrant neighborhoods with many first-class restaurants, bistros, micro-breweries, distilleries, shops and retail establishments.
- Oh by the way, we’d be remiss if we did not mention the commercial enterprises within our own building on the first and second floors including two restaurants, Screaming Tuna (great sushi), The Love Shack (high-end Polynesian fare), First Place Dentistry and Elle Studio + Wellness (yoga, massage, talk therapy, nutrition and more).
- The Point On The River has an engaged and accessible Board of Directors, active volunteer committees and is professionally managed by Prospect Management Company. In 2015, we were named “Association of the Year” by the Wisconsin Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (CAI), the leading organization for associations in America. Our volunteer directors and committee members believe in transparency and fostering a sense of community where people care about their quality of life and look out for each other.
- We’re proud of our beautiful, first-class building and work hard to keep it in top-notch shape by fully funding our reserves and refreshing our detailed Reserve Study every two years.